AXA Mansard Insurance Plc has an experienced Board of Directors that set the direction for the company and guides management to achieve various targets set at all times.
Their experience cuts across various spectra of the business world - Insurance, Investment Management, Banking, Shipping and Oil & Gas.
The members of the Board of Directors are:
Mr. Olusola Adeeyo -Chairman
Mr. Kunle Ahmed -Chief Executive Officer
Mr. Tosin Runsewe -Executive Director/Client Services
Mr. Frédéric Fléjou -Director
Mrs. Karima Silvent -Director
Mr. Lesley Ndlovu -Director
Mr. Jad Ariss -Director
Mr. Tom Wilkinson -Director
Mr. Yomi Onifade -Executive Director
Mr. Frederic Coppin -Non-executive Director
Mr. Ohis Ohiwerei -Independent Director
Mrs. Omowunmi Adewusi -Company Secretary
Every employee of AXA Mansard has been carefully selected and trained and will continue to be developed through continuous education. At AXA Mansard, we believe investing in personnel development is key to sustaining our superior service standards. At every level, our people are highly motivated and driven to innovate and excel. As we attain our goals, we will not relent in raising the bar, especially in view of our ambition to deliver peer-less service. The AXA Mansard Insurance team is led by highly experienced and committed people, whose profiles are highlighted below:
1. Kunle Ahmed B.Sc., Dip. CII – Chief Executive Officer: Kunle joined AXA Mansard Insurance plc in February 2004 as a Senior Manager in charge of the Energy team in Lagos. He later went on to commence the company’s Port Harcourt operations in the same year. Kunle was appointed Divisional Director, Institutional Business Division of AXA Mansard Insurance plc in 2011 and was invited to the Board as an Executive Director in 2012.
Kunle's professional career spans over twenty years. He joined Industrial and General Insurance Co. Limited in June 1994 where he acquired experience in the Oil and Energy insurance business.
He is a graduate of the West African Insurance Institute and has attended several Oil and Gas seminars including the Marginal Oil Field Development & Capacity Building in Nigeria, ‘Siyafunda’ Property and Engineering Course organized by SwissRe South Africa and Energy & Risk Management Course organized by MARSH, London. He is a member of the Chartered Insurance Institute of London and an alumnus of both the Orchestrating Winning Performance Programme, IMD Switzerland and the Advanced Management Programme, Lagos Business School.
2. Tosin Runsewe B.Sc., M.Sc., MBA – Executive Director/Client Services: Prior to his appointment in March 2004, he worked at Guaranty Trust Bank plc for nine years and during this period served in the Commercial, Investment and Institutional Banking Groups. His last assignment in the bank was as Head, Energy Group. He was the bank’s Treasurer from 1998 to 2002. Tosin held a number of positions with the Money Market Association of Nigeria (now Financial Market Dealers Association) including a two-term stint as its General Secretary.
He started his career in finance in 1992 at the erstwhile Commercial Bank (Credit Lyonnais Nigeria) Limited where he handled Trade Finance related projects.
He is also a Trustee of JAR Foundation, a foundation he co-founded to pursue the development of healthcare and educational services in Africa. He has attended senior management courses at IMD, INSEAD and several other institutions and is an alumnus of the Harvard Business School having completed the Advanced Management Programme (AMP) in 2009.
3. Yomi Onifade B.Sc. – Executive Director/Technical Division: Yomi joined AXA Mansard Insurance plc in January 2004 as a Deputy Manager and Head of the Manufacturing and Construction Team in the then Institutional Business Group. He later served as the Group Head of the Corporate Business Group before moving over to the retail side of the business and today serves as a General Manager and the Divisional Director of Retail Solutions Division.
Yomi’s financial services career over the last 17 years and counting has seen him have spells at Insurance Brokers of Nigeria (IBN Marsh), UNIC Insurance plc, Standard Alliance Insurance Company Ltd and Towergate Insurance plc (First Assurance plc) prior to join the company then known as Heritage Assurance Limited.
Yomi holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Insurance from the University of Lagos, Akoka. He has attended various business and leadership training development programs over the years notable amongst these being the Senior Management Program at Pan African University (Lagos, Nigeria), Executive Sales Management course at University of Chicago Booth School of Business and the Leading for Results program at INSEAD Business School (Singapore). He also recently completed the Senior Executive Program at the prestigious London Business School.
4. Rashidat Adebisi B.A., (Bus. Accounting), FCCA, CBA, CFC, ACII – Deputy General Manager: Rashidat joined AXA Mansard Insurance plc in February 2005 as an Executive Officer in the FINCON Group. She became the Head of the Transaction Service Unit in 2007 and returned to FINCON as Group Head in 2008. She is now AXA Mansard Group’s Chief Financial Officer and Divisional Director, FINCON and Corporate Services.
Prior to joining AXA Mansard Insurance plc, Rashidat garnered experience in different areas of the service industry covering customer service, financial advisory service, accounting and audit services. She worked in various organizations including Churchill Insurance UK (Member of the Royal Bank of Scotland Group).
Rashidat holds a Bachelor degree specializing in Business Accounting from the University of Lincolnshire & Humberside. She qualified as an Associate of the Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) before returning to Nigeria. She is a Chartered Business Administrator (CBA) and Chartered Financial Consultant (CFC) of The Institute of Financial Consultants of Canada and an associate of the Chartered Insurance Institute of London.
5. Okezie Akaniro B.Sc. – Deputy General Manager: Okezie joined AXA Mansard Insurance plc in January 2016 as a Deputy General Manager to midwife and run the company’s new strategic business group, the SME Solutions Group. He brings with him 18 years of experience in the financial services industry as a business development and leadership professional.
He joined Guaranty Trust Bank plc in August 1998 through the Bank's entry level training program. He spent the first four years of his banking career in operations and was instrumental to the implementation of key growth projects in the Bank’s Clearing Unit. In March 2004, he joined the Bank’s sales team, and managed some of the Bank’s most profitable branches as Branch Manager. He left the services of GTBank in January 2014 as Group Head in charge of the Bank’s Commercial Banking Business in the Lagos Mainland region.
Okezie joined United Bank for Africa (UBA) plc. in January 2014 as Head of Corporate and Commercial Banking, West Africa, supervising businesses in the Bank’s subsidiaries across eight West African countries. A year later, he was named Regional Bank Head, Marina, where he oversaw the growth of the Bank’s business in one of the most profitable regions of the Bank.
He has attended several technical and management courses locally and internationally. He also holds a Post-graduate Diploma in Business Administration from the University of Liverpool. Okezie is married with children.
6. Sola Odumuyiwa B.Agric., FCA – Deputy General Manager: Sola joined AXA Mansard plc as the Head of Systems and Control Group in April 2013.
Prior to joining AXA Mansard Insurance plc, Sola worked in PricewaterhouseCoopers where he was responsible for leading engagement teams and for oversight of the teams/processes that delivered value adding audit and other professional services to business entities operating in different sectors of the economy. His stint with the consulting world and the financial services industry gives him a pragmatic edge and an overall real-world disposition.
Sola is a Chartered Accountant with over 13 years post qualification experience. He has garnered industry experience and provided audit and other assurance services to entities operating in the banking and other financial services industry as well as other sectors of the economy.
7. Kola Oni B.Sc., ACA – Deputy General Manager: Kola joined AXA Mansard in March 2015 as Group Head, Strategy and Corporate Planning.
Kola has over 10 years ‘Big 4’ consulting experience, advising mid to large-sized Nigerian conglomerates and Global companies on their Nigeria operations and Africa expansion. He’s advised his clients on fund-raising, mergers and acquisition, due diligence and divestments and helped the foreign ones form strong local JV partnerships. In between his consulting experience he’s held direct operational roles in the investment banking as well as risk management divisions of UBA Group. In UBA Group, he was part of the team that pioneered the use of financial modelling for Value-at-Risk (VaR) and other advanced techniques for managing market risks in the Nigerian banking industry; actively supporting the Treasury and Board Asset & Liability Committees (ALCo) across UBA’s operations in 13 countries.
In KPMG Advisory Services, he led the project teams that advised Nigeria’s leading industrial conglomerate and one of the largest banks on their Africa expansion; he’s also advised some of the world’s leading private equity firms – Carlyle, Helios and KKR on investments in Nigeria. He holds a Bachelor's degree in Microbiology from the University of Ilorin and is an Associate of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria.
8. Jide Babalola B.Sc. (Hons), MECom, CISA - Assistant General Manager: Jide Babalola joined AXA Mansard Insurance plc as Head Compliance and Quality Assurance Unit in May 2015.
His career spans over twelve years. Jide joined Guaranty Trust Bank plc as an Internal Auditor in February 1999. He spent three years in this capacity before he left to pursue a Masters Degree in July 2002. He returned to GTBank plc in June 2005 and worked in the IT Audit Unit, he later set up and headed the bank’s first electronic fraud unit in July 2009 and left the bank in May 2013 as a regional coordinator in the Internal Control Group.
Jide joined Wari, a Senegal based pan African financial and non-financial platform service provider in August 2013 and he left the services of the organization as Acting Head, Activations and Integration for English speaking Africa in April 2015.
Jide holds a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science from the University of Ibadan and a Masters degree in E-commerce from Deakin University Australia. He is also a Certified Information Systems Auditor.
9. Teju Scott B.Sc., M.Sc., ASA – Assistant General Manager: Teju joined AXA Mansard Insurance plc in November 2015 as the Head of Actuarial Services.
She is a qualified actuary with over 13 years’ experience in actuarial roles including the area of Pensions, Employee Benefits, Pricing and Reserving in Property & Casualty.
She started her actuarial work experience with Hymans Robertson, UK in 2000 as an Actuarial Trainee working on Pensions Review. In 2002, she moved on to a career with MetLife Property and Casualty in Rhode Island, USA, working on Auto Insurance Pricing and Reserving. She joined AXA Equitable USA in 2011, working on Life Valuations.
In Nigeria, her work experience started with HR Nigeria, where she worked on Employee Benefits.
As the Head of Actuarial Services, her work at AXA Mansard plc includes all actuarial work on both the Property & Casualty and Life & Savings products.
Teju has a Bachelors degree in Mathematics & Statistics from the University of Lagos and a Masters in Actuarial Science from City University (Cass Business School), London. She is an Associate of the Society of Actuaries USA.
10. Bayo Adesanya B.Sc, PGD, M.A – Assistant General Manager: Bayo joined AXA Mansard Insurance plc in June 2017 as Group Head, e-Commerce and Digital Transformation.
He has seventeen years’ experience in the retail and professional services industries. This includes time spent within the retail businesses of the Landover Company in Lagos and Caudwell Communications in London, from 2000 and 2004.
During a twelve year stint at Phillips Consulting Ltd, Bayo led engagements to improve the performance of private and public sector organisations through the articulation of their strategies and transformation of their structures, systems and people. He counts the successful organisational transformation of a leading entertainment company in Africa, as well as the introduction of quarterly economic surveys, as two major achievements from his time as the firm’s Associate Partner for Business Advisory Services.
Bayo holds a first degree in Chemistry from the University of Ilorin, a post-graduate Diploma from the University of Calabar and a Master’s degree in International Business from the London Metropolitan University. He is a certified Balanced Scorecard Graduate and PRINCE2 Project Manager.
He has attended development programmes at leading institutions including the Lagos Business School and the London Business School.
11. Ngozi Ola-Israel B.Sc., ACCA – Assistant General Manager/ Chief Financial Officer:
Ngozi joined AXA Mansard Insurance plc in January 2014 to head the Financial Control Group. She started her career as a banker and then moved on to PwC where she gained over 6 years’ experience in providing audit and other assurance services to financial institutions. Before she left, she was a Manager in the Financial Services Business Unit.
Ngozi Ola-Israel holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Chemical Engineering and is a Chartered Accountant. She has attended various courses in Financial Management and Accounting amongst other disciplines.
12. Akinlolu Akinyele B.Sc., MBA (Pan African University) – Assistant General Manager: Akinlolu joined AXA Mansard in 2004 as a graduate trainee. He has managed various business development units involved in a wide range of operations like Manufacturing, Professional Service & Consulting, Logistics, Trading and Shipping. He is presently the Group Head of Energy and Special Risk Group.
Akinlolu has attended various courses both locally and overseas including the Engineering and Special Course organized by Munich Re in Mauritius in 2009; he is visionary and able to build and nurture key relationships.
13. Nwoboshi, Abisola Asani B.Eng, MBA - Assistant General Manager: Abisola joined AXA Mansard Insurance plc as Group Head Corporate Business Group in May 2015.
Abisola started her career in GTBank plc as an executive trainee in February 2005. In GTBank she served as Relationship Manager and Branch Manager in several branches. She later became the Group Head Commercial Banking Group Mainland 2. In November 2014, she worked briefly in First City Monument Bank plc as Head Commercial desk Ikoyi, a desk she pioneered.
Abisola is a graduate of Chemical Engineering from Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife and has an MBA (Business Administration) from the same institution.
14. Anthony Ode B.Sc. Sociology, MBA - Senior Manager: Anthony joined AXA Mansard Insurance plc. in 2014, to head the Settlement Group.
Anthony started his career with Guaranty Trust Bank plc in 2002, where he garnered experience in Treasury Operations, Central Clearing, Financial Institution Operations and International Funds Transfer. He had a brief stint at Access Bank with the Domestic Funds Transfer Unit before joining AXA Mansard Insurance plc. in June 2014.
Anthony has worked in different capacities in his career, this includes heading the Financial Institution Operations and Domestic Funds Transfer Departments/Units at Guaranty Trust Bank plc and Access Bank plc respectively. He has attended several Leadership courses.
15. Deji O. Tunde-Anjous B.A, MSc, ACS – Chief Executive Officer (AXA Mansard Investments): Deji joined AXA Mansard in 2014 as the Chief Executive Officer of AXA Mansard Investments Limited.
His career spans over twelve years, joining AXA Mansard from ARM plc where he left as Vice President and Head of Investment Management. He spent over 9 years with ARM plc, working in a variety of roles spanning Portfolio Management, Investment Research, Securities Sales and Trading, as well as coverage of the firm’s Proprietary Investments. Before ARM plc, Deji pursued entrepreneurial exploits and is a non-executive director of Iddo Plastics Ltd and Bancom Holdings Ltd.
Deji holds a Bachelor degree in Accounting and Financial Management as well as an MSc in Information Management, both from the University of Sheffield. He is an associate member of the Chartered Institute of Stockbrokers and has attended several international training programmes in investment management, amongst others.
16. Olajumoke Odunlami B.Sc., ACA - Assistant Vice President (AXA Mansard Investments): Jumoke joined AXA Mansard in January 2014 as the Assistant Vice President of AXA Mansard Investments Limited.
Jumoke has over 15 years’ financial services and entrepreneurial experience, out of which 13 was in the banking sector. Prior to joining AXA Mansard Investments Limited, she worked with Guaranty Trust Bank plc heading the Financial Institutions Group and managing Banks and Non-bank Financial Institutions. She also worked with the Institutional Banking Group heading the Automobiles and Real Estate Team at various times. Jumoke started her career at the then Chartered Bank Limited (Now Stanbic IBTC Bank) working in the Financial Control, she then proceeded to First City Merchant Bank plc where she worked in the Institutional Banking Group, managing names in Energy, Constructions and Telecommunications.
Jumoke is an Associate of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria and holds a Bachelor of Science Degree in Accounting from the Obafemi Awolowo University. She has attended several local and international courses including Euromoney trainings in Management, Leadership, Credit and Finance.
17. Tope Adeniyi BSc, MBA, OCP, CISSP, ITIL, ACII - Chief Executive Officer (AXA Mansard Health): Tope’s career spans over 16 years from information management sector, manufacturing to financial service. He started his career as a software and Training manager with Management Support System before a brief stint with Capital Express Insurance. Prior to joining AXA Mansard Insurance plc, Tope worked in UACN where he worked as the Planning Manager in the supply chain of the retail chain business - Mr. Bigg’s
He worked as the Divisional Director, Operations and Technology at AXA Mansard and helped build an integrated service delivery infrastructure for the company, making technology to drive the processes across the companies’ value chain. He also lead a team to build the Nigeria Insurance Industry Database (NIID) for Nigeria Insurance Association, a project to deepen insurance penetration and control fraud.
He is a graduate of the prestigious Advanced Management programme from Lagos Business School and has attended several trainings and spoken at conferences abroad including Harvard Business School , SAP (Germany), OracleOpen World (USA), ING-Vysya Bank. Tope is an Associate of Chartered Institute of Insurance from CII London. He is currently the CEO of AXA Mansard Health Limited.
18. Dapo Akisanya B.Sc., M.Sc. – Chief Executive Officer (AXA Mansard Pensions Limited): Dapo joined AXA Mansard effective June 1, 2015, as Chief Executive Officer of AXA Mansard Pensions Limited.
Prior to joining AXA Mansard, his career included about 10 years with Asset and Resource Management Company Limited (ARM Group), where he served in various capacities. His last role at ARM was as Executive Director, ARM Securities Limited, where he was responsible for managing the business. Previously, he served as Executive Director (Technical) at ARM Pension Managers (PFA) Limited, having oversight of Investment Management, Business Development & Relationship Management, and Risk Management. His experience at ARM also included serving as Head, Investment Management and Research, ARM Investment Managers.
Dapo was a member of several committees constituted to ensure the effectiveness and growth of the firm’s fund management business, and that guided the successful launch of various ARM products. These investment committees include those of ARM Discovery Fund, ARM Aggressive Growth Fund, ARM Ethical Fund, and ARM Properties plc. He also represented ARM on the board of Briscoe Properties Limited as a non-executive director.
Dapo comes on board with diverse experience in financial services. Other organizations he has served include Howarth Dafinone (Chartered Accountants), formerly D. O. Dafinone and Co., Alliance Consulting, Agusto and Co. Limited, Citibank Nigeria Limited, where he spent almost six years, and Stanbic IBTC Bank plc.
Dapo holds a B.Sc. in Economics from the University of Ibadan, Nigeria, and an M.Sc. in Finance from the University of Strathclyde, Glasgow, U.K. He is also an alumnus of International Institute for Management Development (IMD), Lausanne, Switzerland.
19. Naomi Aduku B.Sc – Assistant General Manager (AXA Mansard Pensions Limited): Naomi joined AXA Mansard in April 2015 as the head, Business Development of AXA Mansard Pensions Limited.
Naomi has over fourteen years work experience in the banking industry. She started her career at GTBank plc with the Institutional Banking Group specifically in the downstream segment of the Oil & Gas Sector structuring credits and working with key blue chip companies. She also managed various teams in the Commercial Banking Group identifying new and emerging markets and developing credit structures targeted at power, hospitality and general commerce. In June 2011, as the Group Head of Commercial Banking Group-Abuja, Naomi managed a major part of the commercial banking portfolio. She had a brief stint with Access bank in 2014 where she had oversight of part of the Commercial Banking Group in Abuja.
Naomi holds a Bachelor degree in Business Administration from the Ahmadu Bello University Zaria and has attended several training programmes in Management, Financial and Credit Analysis amongst others.