Marine Insurance

You can get marine insurance for your imported goods or for your vessel/yacht.


1. Marine Cargo: The marine cargo policy provides cover for loss or damage to imported goods being conveyed by sea or air and can be taken up either as an All Risk Policy (covers total or partial loss of goods) or as a Restricted Cover Policy (covers total loss only). The premium rate applied will depend upon the nature and value of goods being imported, the type of cover required as well as the country of origin.

2. Marine Hull: The marine hull policy provides cover on vessels and yachts against any loss, damage or liability that may arise from their use. The scope of cover provided is either an "all risks" or "total loss only" while the policy usually carries a deductible amount of about 10% of the value of the vessel or yacht. The premium rate applicable to this policy is based on the value of your vessel, nature of vessel, use and general seaworthiness. Annual cover or short period / voyage covers are available.