Policy brief & purpose
With this policy, we ensure that we gather, store and handle data fairly, transparently and with respect towards individual rights.
This policy refers to all parties (employees, job candidates, customers, suppliers etc.) who provide any amount of information to us.
Who is covered under the Data Protection Policy?
Employees of our company and its subsidiaries must follow this policy. Contractors, consultants, partners and any other external entity are also covered. Generally, our policy refers to anyone we collaborate with or acts on our behalf and may need occasional access to data.
What data do we collect?
As part of our operations, we need to obtain and process information. This information includes any offline or online data that makes a person identifiable such as names, addresses, phone number, passport ID, usernames, passwords, digital footprints, photographs, financial data, assets and liabilities, insurance, savings and investments, health and high-risk information about products and services purchased from us etc.
We collect this information in a transparent way and only with the full cooperation and knowledge of interested parties. Once this information is available to us, the following rules apply.
Our data will be:
• Accurate and kept up-to-date
• Collected fairly and for lawful purposes only
• Processed by the company within its legal and moral boundaries
• Protected against any unauthorized or illegal access by internal or external parties
Our data will not be:
• Communicated informally
• Stored for more than a specified amount of time
• Transferred to organizations, states or countries that do not have adequate data protection policies
• Distributed to any party other than the ones agreed upon by the data’s owner (exempting legitimate requests from law enforcement authorities).
• Sold to third parties
In addition to ways of handling the data, we have direct obligations towards people to whom the data belongs. Specifically we must:
• Let people know what kind of information we collect about them
• Inform people about how we process their data
• Inform people about who has access to their information
• Have provisions in cases of lost, corrupted or compromised data
• Allow people to request that we modify, erase, reduce or correct data contained in our databases
PURPOSES FOR WHICH WE MAY HANDLE PERSONAL DATA
The purposes for which we may handle Personal Data include the following:
• processing applications for products and services, effecting payments, transactions and completing instructions or requests;
• providing products and services ;
• assessing suitability for products and services;
• operational purposes;
• statistical analysis, including behavioural analysis and profiling;
• conducting market research and surveys with the aim of improving our products and services;
• for marketing purposes and promotional events;
• for the prevention, detection, investigation and prosecution of crime in any jurisdiction (including, without limitation, money laundering, terrorism, fraud and other financial and economic crimes);
• identity verification, government sanctions screening and due diligence checks;
• to comply with: local or foreign laws, regulations, voluntary codes, directives, judgments or court orders, agreements between any member of AXA Mansard, AXA Group and any authority, regulator, or enforcement agency; policies (including the AXA Group’s policies), good practice, government sanctions or embargoes, reporting requirements under financial transactions legislation and demands or requests of any authority, regulator, tribunal, enforcement agencies [ i.e. the Nigeria Financial Intelligent Unit (“NFIU”) and the Economic and Financial Crime Commission (“EFCC”), or exchange body;
• to seek professional advice, including, in connection with any legal proceedings (including any prospective legal proceedings), for obtaining legal advice or for establishing, exercising or defending legal rights;
Also, the information obtained may be sent in confidence to companies within the AXA Group or other companies and vendors acting on our instructions.
HOW DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION?
Personal information is collected:
• via enquiry, registration, claim forms, feedback forms and forums;
• through the purchase of any of our products or services;
• by filling out a survey on our website;
• through applications;
• via cookies;
• via our telephone calls, which may be recorded;
• via live-chat, chatbot and profilers
• through web analytics tags;
• from details provided to us either online or offline;
SECURITY OF PERSONAL DATA
The security of your personal data is important to us. AXA Mansard and all members of the Group comply with technical and organisational security measures to safeguard your personal data. When using external service providers, we require that they adhere to the same security standards as ours. Regardless of where personal data is transferred, we take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that personal data is kept securely.
You should be aware that the Internet is not a secure form of communication and sending and receiving information over the Internet carries with it risks including the risk of access and interference by unauthorized third parties. Information passing over the Internet may be transmitted internationally (even when sender and recipient are located in the same country) via countries with weaker privacy and data protection laws than in your country of residence. We do not accept responsibility or liability for the confidentiality, security or integrity of your Personal Data in connection with its transmission over the Internet.
REVIEWING YOUR INFORMATION
You may write to request a summary of your data in our files. You may also request copies of documents provided in your file. This however does not apply to information relating to disputes or legal proceedings between us.
We may charge you a reasonable fee to cover the cost. If you believe the information contained in your file is incorrect or incomplete, you may ask us to make corrections or update same accordingly.
To obtain information from our files, please write to:
AXA Mansard Insurance Plc.
Santa Clara Court,
Plot 1412, Ahmadu Bello Way,
Victoria Island, Lagos, Nigeria
Customer Care Hotline: 0700 292 626 7273, 01-270 1560-5
General Enquiries: 01-4485482
ABOUT AXA MANSARD SUBSIDIARIES
Wherever the name “AXA Mansard” is used in this policy, it implies one or more of the following AXA Mansard subsidiaries, which may offer products or services on the website. Further details can be found on the respective company’s website.
AXA Mansard Insurance PLC trading as AXA Mansard a public company limited by shares and listed on the Nigeria Stock Exchange incorporated in Nigeria with Company Number 133276.
AXA Mansard Health Limited a subsidiary of AXA Mansard is a private limited company incorporated in Nigeria with Company number 487419
AXA Mansard Investments Limited a subsidiary of AXA Mansard is a private limited company incorporated in Nigeria with Company number 724966
AXA Mansard Pensions Limited a subsidiary of AXA Mansard is a private limited company incorporated in Nigeria with Company number 615634